terms and conditions
The Returned & Services League of Australia (Victorian Branch) Inc (RSL (Victoria)) and the Appeals respect and protect the privacy of our partners and those who use our website. The following Privacy Statement details how your personal information is collected and used.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The RSL (Victoria) Appeals are the sole owner of information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. RSL (Victoria) Appeals collect information from our users at several different points on our website. Our website may offer opportunities for visitors to register for promotional and informational mailings, online resources, and for assistance in evaluating our services. These registration forms are often linked to RSL (Victoria) Appeals mailing lists and require users to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this contact information to send users information about our organisation and its products and services if requested or necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time (see the choice/opt-out section below).
SHARING AND USAGE
We will never share, sell, or rent your personal information with third parties for their promotional use. Occasionally, we enter into contracts with third parties so that they can assist us in servicing you. The contracts prohibit them from using any of your personal information for their own purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them. We may also disclose information to partners who introduced you to the RSL (Victoria) Appeals in order to ensure they are properly compensated for their efforts. Lastly, we may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required under the law. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to comply with a legal process such as court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
USE OF WEB TECHNOLOGIES
We use a variety of technologies on our site. Among these are cookies; a piece of information that our website provides to your browser when you visit our site. Cookies allow us to verify the login status of clients using products or services linked directly with our website, track point of entry to point of registration for those users participating in our affiliate signup programs, and to track and measure the success of a particular marketing campaign. Cookies also allow us to track overall site usage and determine areas users prefer, enabling us to make your visit to our website easier by recognising you when you return and helping to provide you with a customised experience. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. If you choose to disable cookies, you may still use our site; however, you may have limited access to some areas within our website.
We may access and set cookies using web beacons, also known as single-pixel GIFs which are invisible graphical images. These web beacons provide us useful information regarding our site such as which pages users access. We also keep track of activity on our website via log files stored on our web servers. We collect information such as IP address, browser type and version, and pages you view. We also keep track of how you got to our site and any links you click on to leave our site. Once you leave our site, we do not track you. Unless it is to one of our affiliated sites, such as www.anzacappeal.com.au. We use your website activity to assist us in offering you a personalised web experience, assist you with technical support, diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to tailor our product and service offerings to you.
Our site may link to third-party websites, such as those of our business partners and online advertisers. While on these sites, the RSL (Victoria) Appeals or its partners may collect information about you. Because the RSL (Victoria) Appeals do not control the information policies or practices of these third parties, you should review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
We take every precaution to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information by using industry-recognised security safeguards such as firewalls, coupled with carefully developed security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. If we ask for sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, we protect it through the use of encryption during transmission, using 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate.
The RSL (Victoria) Appeals take care to reinforce the importance of our website visitors' security and privacy among our employees and sub-contractors. Our employees/sub-contractors are trained and required to safeguard your information and, using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, we restrict access to personal information to those employees and agents for business purposes only. Additionally, we use internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security procedures.
You can opt-out or opt-in to receiving RSL (Victoria) Appeals material at any time by emailing us via this website.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
The term "RSL Vic" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website, RSL Victoria and the Appeals, whose registered office is at ANZAC House, 4 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website ("the site").
These terms and conditions may be modified at any time and such modification shall be effective immediately upon web posting of the modified terms and conditions. Your continued use of the Minute of Silence Website shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
I. Acceptable Use Policy
Changes to the Site and services provided
- The content of the pages of this site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- RSL Vic will make every effort to ensure that the site and services are constantly operational;
- RSL Vic in conjunction with Tribal Worldwide Melbourne reserves the right to modify, discontinue or suspend all or part of the site or its services at any time without notice.
- You must not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com
- You must not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation
- You must not use the site to send junk or spam email
- You must not use the site to conduct, display or forward details of any survey, contest, pyramid scheme or chain letter
- RSL Vic reserves the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion
- You must not to attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site or any other web site
- You must not to attempt to bypass the network firewall
- You must not to use any part of the site which you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorised to access. This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access
- You must not to use or attempt to use the site for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes but is not limited to password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses and intentional invasion of privacy.
II. Use of Site Policy regarding Children
If you have any concerns whatsoever about a child’s use of our services, please notify us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively telephoning us on +61 3 9655 5555.
Phone and SMS Charges
- It is your responsibility to ensure, prior to commencing a fundraising activity on behalf of a recipient organisation, that the organisation in question has no objection to the nature of the proposed activity
- Calls cost $2.26 fixed cost access inc GST, extra from pay phones or mobile. Mobile users may receive a free message, to opt out sms STOP to 19991234. Under 18 must have account holder’s permission and data fees may apply. Provided by RSL.
- SMS cost $2.25/msg pair. Helpline 1300791550 RSL. Under 18 must have account holder’s permission and data fees may apply. Provided by RSL.
Use of Funds by Recipient Organisations
- RSL Vic makes no representations or warranties in relation to the appropriate use by the RSL ANZAC Appeal of funds raised by use of the site or the services provided
- RSL ANZAC Appeal makes no representations or warranties in relation to the specific use of funds raised except in circumstances where the organisation has expressly stated that funds raised will be applied to a particular project or appeal.
- Copyright in the text, images, software, logos, icons, sound recordings and HTML code, content and other copyright material in this website is owned or licensed by Tribal Worldwide Melbourne for use on this website
- The site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, and is protected by intellectual property law. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the site. Reproduction of this material is prohibited other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that the material is not altered in any way and no trademark, copyright mark or other proprietary notice is removed from the material in question
- No other use of material on the site is permitted other than with the express written permission of the copyright holder
- Unauthorised use of the site may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Disclaimer and No Liability
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this site meet your specific requirements
- In no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damages, whether direct or indirect, arising out of your use of the site and the services provided there or your inability to use them
- Some of the content on the site may be emotionally disturbing, RSL Vic holds no liability for any emotional distress experienced by you visiting the site
- RSL Vic shall not be liable to you or any third parties in contract or in tort arising out of, or in connection with, or relating to, the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event which has been published on the website or any fact, matter or thing relating to the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event (whether negligent or in breach of contract or not).
Breach of Terms and Conditions of use
In the event of your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions of use, we reserve the right to immediately suspend your access to any and/all parts of the site and the services provided there without notice and without reference to you.
i. Validity and Satisfaction of Terms
- RSL Vic accepts no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond the RSL Vic’s reasonable control
- If any of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
- VIC: 1902 25 04 14 Calls cost $2.26 fixed cost access inc GST, extra from pay phones or mobile.
- NSW & ACT: 1902 25 04 15 Calls cost $2.26 fixed cost access inc GST, extra from pay phones or mobile.
- QLD: 1902 25 04 16 Calls cost $2.26 fixed cost access inc GST, extra from pay phones or mobile.
- SA & NT: 1902 25 04 17 Calls cost $2.26 fixed cost access inc GST, extra from pay phones or mobile.
- WA: 1902 25 04 18 Calls cost $2.26 fixed cost access inc GST, extra from pay phones or mobile.
- TAS: 1902 25 04 19 Calls cost $2.26 fixed cost access inc GST, extra from pay phones or mobile.
Mobile users may receive a free message, to opt out sms STOP to 19991234. Under 18s must have account holder�s permission and data fees may apply. Service provided by RSL.